DO I NEED HELP WITH PITCHING TO VC’S???
16 Dec DO I NEED HELP WITH PITCHING TO VC’S???
- The message was lost
- The team didn’t seem on the same page
- They didn’t present what the VC wanted to hear
- It just wasn’t right
The reality was the people they saw had a great idea, had successful early-stage funding, and had their development well underway. They are a good investment. They are brilliant people, and they can communicate well with their coworkers! The problem is, searching for funding is different. It requires a different skill set. It requires a different style of practice, preparation, and profile for the VC. The most fundamental element that stops people from getting the help that will get them the funding they need is making the mistake of underestimating these realities.
As you search for funding, consider the following:
- Have I had success in communicating our company vision and message outside of other technically and scientifically savvy people?
- Do I honestly know if I have?
- What consideration do I put to positioning my message concerning what a VC is looking for in an investment?
- Do I know what a VC is looking for in an investment?
- Are all the members of my team on the same page?
- Can I get them on the same page?
If all of your answers to these questions are positive, great, if not, find someone who can help you achieve your goal. There is no reason your great idea and business should not receive the funding it needs to be successful.